Highly motivated professional with over 25 years of engineering and management experience, overseeing multi site corporate engineering staffs developing and managing multi-million dollar capital budgets for critical manufacturing infrastructure, regulatory compliance, process engineering development, packaging platforms and facility expansions for multiple national food manufacturers. Currently operates a successful engineering consulting business that is focused in process and packaging system implementation, development, project execution and start up for the food manufacturing industry for more than 10 years. Areas of expertise include:
- Facility Design and Layout
- Demonstrated creativity and understanding around construction and layout requirements to support world class food manufacturing requirements. Well versed in process reflow and understanding how to create the biggest financial impact to improve an operation.
- Manufacturing Process and Packaging Operations
- Creative new product and process development leveraging technologies from other manufacturing processes that may not be well known or practiced in a particular industry.
- New Product & Package Commercialization
- Development and integration of commercialization plans for new products and processes. Expertise in the integration of new technologies into existing processes. Core understandings of the theories and concepts around many food manufacturing processes and the ability to leverage this knowledge to create unique specialized processes tailored to produce unique products.
- Cost Savings and Productivity
- Develop and implement targeted engineered solutions that maximize process material yields, minimize waste, enhance productivity and improve reliability.
- Factory Floor Innovation
- Effective at developing and championing innovative solutions for complex problems that leverage and optimize the machine-operator interface
- Customer/Client Relationships:
- Excellent listening skills with constructive commentary on technical alternatives or methods. Unique ability to grasp core concepts in problem solving sessions and present multiple unique options to help move a project or process forward.
WEP Engineering & Consultant Co. LLC | Reading, MA
Accomplished engineering professional with fast track experience in, product development, product management, production operations, safety, and maintenance in the food, packaging and energy industries. Work extensively with Engineering, Marketing, R&D and Production Departments to develop and manufacture products from concept to market. Strong project and systems orientation, with particularly adept conceptual and strategic planning skills that span comfortably to tactical execution in order to move from innovation to practical application. A successful and proven leader, motivator and communicator with P&L management experience, and a proactive, energetic approach to increasing productivity and driving profits. A partial list past and current clients include.
- Nestle – Joseph’s Gourmet Pasta
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters
- Tree House Foods – Ann’s House of Nuts
- Nonni’s / Old London Foods
1998 – 2005 Ralcorp Inc. | Billerica MA
Vice President of Engineering, Nutcracker Brands Division
1990 – 1998 New England Confectionery Co. Cambridge MA
Corporate Director of Engineering
1986 Tufts University | Medford, MA
BS Mechanical Engineering
- EIT certified
- ASME member